Thursday, September 6, 2018

My latest costume obsessions

YUMA's 2019 theme is Jukebox...hmmm, what're they playing that I'm loving?  ;)

My latest costume obsessions
Thanks for stopping by our blog!  It’s yuh girl Esha here and it’s time to reveal my latest costume obsessions.  


I have to tell you, I was eagerly anticipating YUMA’s launch which happened on August 12th.  In case you’ve never heard of YUMA (what??) – just kidding – YUMA stands for Young, Upwardly Mobile Adults and is Ultimate Trinidad Carnival’s mas band of choice.  We’ve played mas with YUMA for the past 7 years and we’re looking forward to making more amazing bacchanalist memories in year 8.

Okay, on to the costumes.  Just when I thought YUMA couldn’t top their costumes last year – surprise!  I had a really hard time narrowing down the selection this year (seriously), but here are my top 3 costume obsessions for Trinidad Carnival 2018:

Lemonade

This is de definition of hotness!
I’m sipping the lemonade and lovin’ it!  I tend to lean heavily towards jewel toned costumes, but when I saw this one, I stopped in my tracks.  The combination of gold and yellow is bold, brash and in your face, like – well – Bey’s Lemonade.  

I keep having visions of myself in this costume parading along Ariapita Avenue in the bright sunlight, catching the rays and having them reflect off my rotating waistline.  Yes, I do dream about my costume lol.  I know I’m not alone here – my fellow Carnivalistas do the same!  

An aside note – there are a few pieces of this costume that I won’t be wearing on de road (namely the arm pieces, it’s too hot fuh dat!) and I’m still tossed up about the leg pieces.  Who knows?  I might wear them for a little bit (grin).  I’m also not partial to large backpacks, but this one is just too beautiful to pass up!  Onward…

FEVER!!
Gorgeous color combo and lots of fringe and skin :)
After seeing this costume, ah ketch fever!  And yes, there are some jewel tones *sigh*.  I always lean towards these colors.  I'm ah sucker for jewel tones in anything (over half of my wardrobe is in jewel tones too).  Oh well, I think this choice is justified.  This costume is fyah!  

I love, love, love (did I say love?) the color combo and the gold fringe at the front is everything.  This backpack, however I drew the line at.  See those pink peacock feathers?  Ummm, yeah ah go poke out somebody’s eye wit dat!  Hopefully I’ll be able to get a Midline backpack instead.  If not, I’ll be backpack-less for the majority of the day (lol) and it will be a beautiful addition to my sewing room wall.

Mi Gente
Beautifully done monokini and backpack plus the color combo is gorgeous!
Although this costume is last on my list, I’m still extremely obsessed with this costume.  It’s jewel toned-ish, so no surprise there.  I love the teal in this costume and the monokini is lovely!  I will feel like a true Carnivalista in this costume and am actually getting excited about what my Carnival makeup will look like in this costume compared to the others.  The backpack looks like it’s manageable too so it’ll probably make it throughout the entire day (ha ha ha).  AND there are minimal leg and arm pieces, which I never wear anyway – perfect!

Next up: Don’t forget our Ultimate Crop Over 2019 launch is happening on September 17th, which is 1.5 weeks away!  Click here to get on our mailing list. Get your $500 deposit ready; you’ve been warned…

Hope you enjoyed my costume obsessions for Trinidad Carnival!  What are your costume obsessions?  Leave a comment with a photo below!  As always…

Til de next lime,
















Esha


Call us at (919) 697-8772


You may also like:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! We appreciate your feedback.