Wednesday, December 5, 2018

If you knew then what you know now...

Traveled to Carnival?  What do you wish you knew then?
If you knew then what you know now...
One of the questions that we ask people when we find out they've been to Carnival (Trinidad or other Caribbean Carnivals) is, "What do you wish you knew when you traveled to experience Carnival?"  The answers we get are always interesting!  Here are a few for you...

Hahaha. SHOES AND SQUATS ARE THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IN LIFE when it comes to Carnival. I knew it beforehand but I didn't listen close enough. I got the message now!
I wish I heeded my friends saying that heels don't make for a fun time.  I ended up destroying my fave wedges! :-(
Get your Carnival tights BEFORE you get to Trinidad!  The year I went, I went to so many different stores who were sold out of my shade!  I ended up buying a shade that didn't look as nice on me.
I wish I knew the J'ouvert band didn't have portable bathrooms...I ended up going in the bushes  :)
Next time I will play mas with a smaller band.  I ended up losing my friends and had to find my way back to our guest house by myself.  I'm still not sure how I did that!
My costume wasn't of good quality at all.  Glue gun and double sided tape for me next time around!
Our accommodations were not at all like what we saw online!  Next time I will stay with a reputable hotel, even though it's a short trip.
Be careful who you travel with!  We had a lot of mishaps during our trip - unreliable transportation, crazy accommodations, missed a party - but our crew were all easy going and rolled with the punches.  If I was traveling with a different group, it could've been a nightmare!

Hope you learn some lessons from the stories we've heard!  AND of course, you can avoid many of these pitfalls by traveling with us, right?  Visit our website to learn more.

Now over to you: What do you wish you knew about Carnival in advance of going?  Leave us a comment below!  We'd love to hear it!

Til de next lime,
Esha and Tarik


About Esha and Tarik:
Founders of Events by Ashé, a company that provides unique and life-changing Caribbean Experiences, Esha and Tarik are passionate about the Carnival lifestyle.  They even met during Trinidad Carnival back in 2006!  They are so passionate about Carnival that they created Ultimate Trinidad Carnival and Ultimate Crop Over to share these experiences with hundreds of clients around the world.  To learn more about them, click the links below:









Call us at (919) 697-8772

P.S.:  Don't forget to leave a comment below about what you wish you knew then!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! We appreciate your feedback.