Wednesday, December 12, 2018

What to pack for Ubersoca Cruise (and did I wear everything?)


Esha's Ubersoca cruise bday celebration!
What to pack for Ubersoca Cruise (and did I wear everything?)
It’s your girl Esha here and I’m back from my birthday celebration on the Ubersoca Cruise 2018.  Before I get to the experience (which was awesome overall!), of course I have to talk about what I packed AND whether I used it all!  Here we go…


What did I pack for the Ubersoca Cruise?

Firstly, I tried my best to pare down to fit everything into a carry-on, but it was impossible.  Ubersoca Cruise had many themed events and packing minimally for it all proved to be a challenge!  See the listing below for all of the items that I packed for the Ubersoca cruise.  This list doesn’t include special event wear like swimwear, my Wakanda Forever Bacchanal Ball outfit, my costume for the BYOC (Bring Your Own Costume) party, underpinnings and shoes (of which 1 pair was just for J’ouvert)…
Yours truly in item #9 in Barbados

  1. Black one shoulder tank top – worn?  Yes.
  2. Multi blue, black and yellow tank – worn?  Yes
  3. Black lace detail black flowy tank – worn?  Yes (this is a travel staple of mine.  It doesn’t wrinkle easily.)
  4. Fifty shades of rosé tank top – worn?  Yes (there was a 50 shades of rosé breakfast fete)
  5. J’ouvert wear (tank top and shorts) – worn?  Definitely – J’ouvert on the private island of Labadee was BEST PART of the cruise, hands down!
  6. Wine colored floral shorts – worn?  No.  This was one of the options to wear with the 50 shades of rosé tank top and the black jean shorts won (see below) :)
  7. Black jean shorts – worn?  Yes.
  8. White flannel pajama bottoms – worn?  Yes, especially since I’m always cold!
  9. Blue African print paper bag waist pants – worn?  Yes.  Wearing them right now as I write this from the airport!  This me-made item is a new travel fave.
  10. Black and cream multi print wrap dress – worn?  Yes.  This is another me-made original and wrinkle-resistant travel fave.
  11. Purple stretch convertible wrap dress – worn?  Yes.  I made this and I love it!  It can be worn many ways, including as a skirt.
  12. Pink floral caftan – worn?  Yes to the Ubersoca Cruise finale where the dress code was pajamas and onesies.  Soooo comfy and breezy!
  13. And last, but not least, my white fit and flare dress – worn?  Yes!
In #13 with shots (no, these were not ALL for me)!
As you can see, out of this list I only packed 1 item that didn’t end up being worn.  This total amount of clothing items is a little high for me (I usually aim for 10), however I think the extra items were worth it for this trip.

Okay – on to the cruise.  The Ubersoca Cruise was a charter cruise of Royal Caribbean International and overall it was great.  Outside of a few logistical things that I had a hard time wrapping my head around as an event planner, the cruise was smooth sailing (pun intended)!

Here are a few of my memorable moments:




My Wakanda Forever outfit :)
By far I loved the J’ouvert on de beach!  The 1 stop that the ship had was at Labadee, a private island off the coast of Haiti.  Royal Caribbean and Ubersoca Cruise set up wet and dry zones complete with a paint station, free rum punch station and in the dry zone there were cabanas with beds.  The party was insane; in the clip above the soca artist on stage said, “we need some BUSH!”  Yes, people were tearing up the island’s vegetation - seriously.  Kes the Band provided a much-needed live music break and seriously entertained us all.  Another memorable moment?  When Iwer George moved the crowd back and forth and then all the way into the water!

Wakanda Forever Bacchanal Ball – not only did everyone step out in their finest African wear (looking gorgeous!) but the party after the food was eaten was nice!  DJ Stakz had the crowd rocking!

Uber Finale – many soca heavy hitters graced the stage.  Bunji Garlin, Ricardo Dru, King Bubba, Mr. Killa and the Soca Queen herself, Alison Hinds kept everyone moving from 12 am to 3 am in the morning.  The cruise in general was good people watching, but the finale was especially so with creative onesies, sexy lingerie, lots of male shirtless eye candy and all kinds of creative sleepwear!  

Then the Las Lap, complete with riddim section carried everyone through to 5 am dancing and winin’ into the wee hours of the morning.  Here’s another super short video of the Las Lap shot from the 9th floor deck:


*Sigh* my soca crush - Preedy
AND I got to meet my *soca crush*, Preedy!!!  He was so nice and agreed to take a picture with me.  I tried my best not to stalk him...lol.

All of this to say my birthday celebration was so much fun!  In my eyes, a huge plus of the Ubersoca Cruise is that you skip the transportation to the fete, the buying of the fete tickets and the potential crew drama.  Once you get on the cruise ship, just keep going from party to party to party.  Feel like taking a break?  Then there are many other amenities that you can do to your heart’s content!

It was so much fun in fact, that I’m gauging interest to do it with others next year.  Interested in learning more?  Sign up for our mailing list and let us know you’re in!  Once pricing details are received, we’ll contact you directly.  Click here to sign up for our mailing list.

Now over to you - do you use all of the clothing that you pack for a trip?  Leave me a comment below!

Thanks for reading and as always…

Til de next lime,
Esha

About Esha
As an event planner with over 20 years of experience (whose been to 5 out of the 7 continents), Esha's helped professional women who don't have the time, energy, or resources to plan their own vacations so they can travel and enjoy unique, life-changing Caribbean experiences. Click the links below to learn more!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! We appreciate your feedback.