Friday, January 26, 2018

Monday wear chronicles 2018 - part 2

Esha's Monday wear journey continues...
Monday wear chronicles 2018 - part 2


Esha here (again)!  I’ve been working away on my Monday wear and have made a lot of progress.  Let me bring you up to speed…

So, I’ve finished the crop top.  The pattern I used to sew it was a pattern I already had.  I purchased this book – TheMagic Pattern Book: Sew 6 patterns into 36 different styles – quite some time ago.  It’s a great book and I’ve made quite a few clothing items from it including 2 dresses, a top that I wore to Lime at the Hyatt last year (see photo to the right) and one of my fave winter coats (and yes, it’s leopard print).

To make the Monday wear crop top, I took the top portion of the Alice tank top from the Magic Pattern book and sewed it up.  I usually need to make the arm holes wider in commercial patterns since I have large shoulders for a girl, so I made that adjustment.  I also needed to add a dart to the top center back because when I tried on the finished top it was gaping a little.  Here’s the finished top portion:



Isn't the fabric pretty??  :)
After that, it was time to tackle the fringe.  After I added one layer of fringe all the way around the bottom of the crop top, I thought it looked a little sparse, so I added another layer.  This was challenging, since I had to prevent myself from sewing over the fringe I had already attached to the tank top!  I finally succeeded by collecting the excess fringe in a piece of remnant fabric to keep it out of the way while I sewed.  Here’s the top with the 2 layers of fringe:


Close up of the completed fringe...this was a challenge!
I then asked a couple of my family members for their opinion since I still thought it was a little plain.  They recommended that I sew trim on it using some purple ribbon that I had in my stash.  That’s the next step.  Then, I’ll be adding some bling with some sew on jewels that I found on Amazon and Michael's.  Now, if you followed my Monday wear blog last year, you know that hand sewing isn’t my fave thing to do (argh!).  I’m willing to give it a shot though; it’ll bring some excitement to this top.

Almost forgot to mention:  I also got a high waisted bikini bottom from Amazon!  Stay tuned for the finished product…

Til de next lime,















Esha

P.S.: Did you miss the launch of our newest Carnival Experience?  Check it out here.

Call us at (919) 697-8772

You might also like:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! We appreciate your feedback.