Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Monday wear chronicles - part 3

The last installment in Esha's quest for 2018 Monday wear...
Monday wear chronicles - part 3
It’s finished!  And I’m so excited for the reveal.  Let me bring you up to speed…but first…

We’ve been getting a lot of interest in our Ultimate Crop Over trip that’s happening this August!  Want to join us?  Click here to learn more.

Back to Monday wear…continuing from Part 2, I started sewing some purple ribbon trim at the seam where the fringe was attached.  I did that, buuuut it didn’t look right.  The ribbon was puckered and it looked really sloppy even though I tried to sew as carefully as possible!  So I ripped out the ribbon and decided to focus on adding bling to the neckline. 

I played with a few different combinations of jewels that I purchased from Amazon – click here to see them.  I also found some round jewels on sale for 99 cents at Michael’s (yes!), so I played around with these as well.  I laid them out and moved them around until I found a layout that I liked and then I use permanent fabric glue that I bought at Michael’s to glue them in place.  The glue is permanent, but washable so it’s perfect for clothing.  Click here to see it.  Here are a couple of photos of the finished product!

My finished Monday wear

A close up view of my jewel layout #veryproudofme
I’m very pleased with my Monday wear top!  I’ll wear it with my mas tights, my high waisted bikini bottom from Amazon and my mas boots. 

I promise to remember to take photos this time and post them for you :)


Up next: we’re bringing Crop Over to you!  Our top 5 countdown of why you should go to Barbados Carnival with us.  As always…

Til de next lime,















Esha
Call us at (919) 697-8772

You might also like:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! We appreciate your feedback.