Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Trinidad Carnival Monday wear creations – part 2

Esha's Monday wear adventures continue...

Trinidad Carnival Monday wear creations – part 2
It’s your girl Esha here and I’ve been fully immersed in putting together our clients’ Monday wear since it's just over 30 days to the Trinidad Carnival parade.  I haven’t started mine yet (eek!) but I’ll be sure to have more about my Monday wear next week.
Monday wear option 1
I was so inspired by the potential color combinations that working on this first option was fun!  Armed with my hot glue gun, my gem layout and my fringe, I was in heaven.  About that fringe…

To get the correct length that could be covered up by the gems, I measured the length of the gem layout with a measuring tape.  I used a measuring tape because it could curve a lot easier to get an accurate measurement.

Measured and cut fringe
A note about the fringe...if you're using fringe yourself, I highly recommend leaving the white thread that holds it together right up until you wear your outfit.  If you don't, you run the risk of getting your fringe all tangled even before you hit de road!  Don't ask me how I'm able to give you this tip...

Once that was done, I marked on each swimsuit cup where the top of the gems would start and where the bottom would end, ensuring that it was evenly placed on the edge of the cup.  I then marked the top, middle and bottom of the arrangement with a red pen so I could see it, but it would also blend in with the colors on the swimsuit.

Next up, I started with gluing the fringe in place, not too far from the edge of the cups, but not too close so there wouldn’t be room for the gem arrangement.  Once that cooled, I started in the middle of the arrangement, gluing the gem arrangement in the center of the fringe going upward.  After that was in place, I worked my way downward from the middle of the fringe.  I made sure I was covering up the fringe as I went along.  I really wanted it to look seamless!

One of the cups with glued fringe and gems in place
One more thing that I did once all of the gems were in place, was remove the cheap looking buckle that was in the center of the bathing suit.  I didn’t like how it looked.  I used flower cutters to slowly work through the thick plastic bar, break it and remove it carefully from the swimsuit. 

Flower cutters that I used to remove the plastic buckle from the center of the swimsuit
Removed buckle
Then, I picked a large gem already in the arrangement and glued it to the center.  Perfect!

Finished Monday wear option 1...beautiful!
Monday wear option 2
Since I was already loving the vibrancy of the blue color of the swimsuit and all of the colors that I had in mind to make it pop, I decided to up the drama a little bit more by applying smaller pieces of fringe within the gem arrangement.  

First, I looked at the fringe on its own and thought it looked kind of thin.  I liked it better “doubled”, so I cut 2” wide pieces of fringe and folded it on itself to be thicker looking.  I then glued each piece together in half before attaching them all to the swimsuit.

Fringe pieces glued together in half
For the placement of the fringe, I made sure the swimsuit was centered (there’s nothing like lopsided looking boobs lol), and then carefully measured the length of the gem arrangement, marking with my trusty chalk marker that I use for sewing.  I then measured 1” inward from each end and marked it to place the fringe pieces.

Once that was done, I glued them in place using the same placement from the edge that I used in option 1. 

Glued fringe pieces with the center gem in place
I then started gluing the gem arrangement in place, working from the center out, first upwards, then downwards.  Finished result below!
 
Finished Monday wear option 2...this was so much fun!
I’m really excited about how both of these have turned out and hope you like them too!  I’ll be including some matching accessories for my clients so they can rule de road on Carnival Monday. 

Don’t forget if you’d like to join us for Trinidad Carnival in 2020, you can sign up for priority access now!  We’ll be selling our packages to those on our mailing list before opening them up to the general public.  Sign up for your priority access now – click here.

Next up: I promise to have an update about my Monday wear next week.  I’m also working on a really fun post about packing for Trinidad Carnival – stay tuned!

Over to you - are you working on your own Monday wear?  Comment below and let me know what you're up to!

Til de next lime,
Esha

About Esha:
As an event planner with over 20 years of experience (whose been to 5 out of the 7 continents), Esha's helped professional women who don't have the time, energy, or resources to plan their own vacations so they can travel and enjoy unique, life-changing Caribbean experiences. Click the links below to learn more!


Call us at (919) 697-8772

You may also like:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! We appreciate your feedback.